Malcolm Hunter (L), President and CEO of Deeley Harely-Davidson Canada, together with Darren James (R), owner of Ruthless Racing Inc. (supported by Harley-Davidson) and former Canadian Thunder Champion unveil the 2011 Blackline, the newest model of the 2011 Harley-Davidson line up at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show.
In the official press release, Deeley Harley-Davidson Canada outlined the key features of the bike:
“NEW Powertrain styling.
The powertrain is finished with a gloss black powder coating on the rocker box covers, the crankcase, the outer primary cover, and the transmission side cover. The cylinders have a silver powder coating with machined highlights. The derby cover and timing covers are chromed.
Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam 96BTM V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 89 ft. lbs., peak torque at 3,250 rpm. Six-speed Cruise DriveTM transmission.
• NEW Round air cleaner cover in brilliant chrome.
• NEW Black Denim powder-coated frame and swingarm.
• NEW Profile laced aluminum wheels with black anodized rims. Front wheel is 21 x 2.15 inches; rear wheel is 16 x 3 inches. Dunlop® D402 tires are MH90-21 front and MU85B16 rear.
• NEW FX front end with black powder-coated triple clamps and black painted fork lowers.
• NEW Split DragTM internally wired handlebars mount directly to the top triple clamp.
• NEW Asymmetric five-gallon Softail® fuel tank is clean on the left side, with a low-profile fuel fill on the right. Die-cast BlacklineTM trim panel flowing down the centre of the tank is just high enough to cover the fuel pump hardware.
• NEW Analogue speedometer on a triple-clamp mount that also holds indicator lights. LCD screen on the speedometer includes low-fuel warning and “kilometres to empty” display function.
• The Canadian configuration features a new bobbed rear fender with centre mounted LED tail light and licence plate illuminator, along with a new composite licence plate holder mounted on the lower edge of the fender.
• NEW Raw forged rear fender supports are finished in Black Denim powder coating.
• NEW One-piece, two-up seat and passenger pillion. Laden rider seat height is 24 inches, the lowest two-up seat offered by Harley-Davidson. The gap between the nose of the seat and the fuel tank exposes the top of the frame.
• NEW 5.75-inch diameter headlamp in a glossy black shell.
• Polished forward foot controls.
• Over/under chrome shotgun exhaust.
• Optional security package with anti-lock braking system and Smart Security System.